Broccoli, carrot, garden tomatoes, cheese quiche and mini quiches

This was a ton of fun. 
Yes, time consuming, but I enjoyed the process. 
Each step was simple. The only problem I ran into was when I was prebaking the crust, instead of using baking beans, I used rice, and then ended up spending what felt like an hour picking each rice grain out of the par baked crust. 
The lesson: Don’t use rice for “baking beans”. 
Anyway, I also customised some mini quiches with my muffin pan. I love how with quiche, you can make different combinations (for picky eaters) while using the same egg mixture base. 
All in all, I think it’s best to pre make the dough. That will help speed it up. The rest is simple and quick. I made some mini quiches with just the egg mixture/cheese/cream/spices, and then I made some with broccoli/carrots for those in my home who can’t have tomatoes. I’m excited to try different combinations. If I had to change anything, I would’ve added just a pinch of sugar to the dough to balance out the salt. 
We are going to have this with actifried potatoes. 
Yum. 🥧







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Vegetarian White Sauce Pasta